Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mojo Monday 94

I know I am late posting this card but my week has been extremely hectic. I feel lucky to have been able to complete a card this week! First, I am on overload because I am getting prepared for my technique classes this Saturday and I am also hosting my Open House on Saturday after the class. I am also in the process of creating projects for my Christmas in July Stamp Camp. I was not able to start as soon as I wanted to because a certain shipping company shipped my box to another state after it arrived in PA! So my delivery date was rescheduled and that put me behind with all my projects. BUT... the number 1 reason I am so far behind is my daughter from Arizona is relocating back to PA. She was offered a position back in the area at the end of last week! You would think I would be happy, I am but I have to relocate all my stamping supplies out of her room. She will need a place to stay until she can find one closer to her new job. And she will be arriving home this Sunday! Meanwhile I am crazy cleaning, trying to find places to put my things. Cleaning out drawers and closets this holiday weekend was not what I had in mind. So after all this complaining, I came up with this card last night.(I felt I needed to do a little relaxing. and what better way to relax than stamp!) I used some of the supplies that I received yesterday. I really enjoy using the "Autumn Days" stamp set. You can do a lot of different thing with it. I stamped the pheasant using the Thumping Technique. I thought that using that technique would help to get the different colors of feathers that a pheasant has. I used the "Autumn Traditions" designer paper for the background. Since this card had such a Fall feel to it, I decided to add the different colors of falling leaves as an accent. They were stamped, cut out and attached with Dimensionals. The supplies that I used were:

STAMP SET: Autumn Days
PAPER: Autumn Traditions DSP, Chocolate Chip, Dusty Durango, Whisper White
INK: Always Artichoke, Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango
ACCESSORIES: 1/4 inch Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals

I like how this card turned out. It is a very masculine looking card. It would be good to use for birthdays, Father's Day, or anytime for the manly man in your household. Well, after this post, I am back to being a cleaning machine for the day. Hope you enjoy your day better than I will mine today. Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment