Friday, July 17, 2009

Midnight Madness- Flower Fancy

It felt so good to be able to sit down and work on my projects this week. The past two weeks have been crazy and not really my own. I have been trying to get ready for two events that I have been planning in addition to the three technique classes that I held this past week. Add that to making room for my daughter to move back in until she and her husband find an apartment near her new job. You have a crazy crazy couple of weeks. So now that I can breathe again, I sat down and worked on this challenge. I have been wanting to use this stamp set "FLOWER FANCY" for a while but just have not been able to find the right card to use it on.This card just seemed to fall into place. First I just love the new "COTTAGE WALL DESIGNER PAPER"! The color combination in the paper is beautiful. I used the new Orchid Opulence for the base of the card. I then mounted a piece of the Cottage Wall DSP onto a slightly larger piece of Rich Razzleberry cardstock an placed that onto the base. Then I stamped the flower on to Whisper White with Staz- On and colored in the flower an leaves using the blender pens. The small trio of flowers are from the same set but I used the two step stamping technique for those flowers.. The background rectangles were run through the big shot to add texture. The ribbon is the new Rich Razzleberry Polka Dotted Ribbon but I used the other side. I thought that the polka dots would be to much for this card. And to finish it off I used the half pearls from the Pretties Kit to add embellishment in the upper corner. All in all, I am happy with the way it turned out. The women that were over at my house on Wednesday for class, really liked this card also. They asked me when they could make this card. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SET: Flower Fancy
PAPER: Old Olive, Orchid Opulence, Rich Razzleberry, Cottage Wall DSP
INK: Orchid Opulence, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Black Staz-On
ACCESSORIES: Rich Razzleberry Polka Dotted Ribbon, Pretties Kit (1/2 pearls), Dimensionals, Blender Pens, Flourish Texturz Plate, Small Dots Texturz Plate, Big Shot

Well since things have slowed down here a bit, I plan to bake some cookies today. I am going to bake Christmas Cookies today! Yes, Christmas cookies for my "Christmas in July" event. Next week I will post samples on my blog. Go have a great day.

8 comments:

  1. That is a very pretty card, and I just love the green and purple color combo. Now, those Christmas cookies sound so yummy. Wish I were there to have some! ;)

    Thank you so much for playing with us at the MMSC. I hope you will play again next week!

    Carolyn, MMDT member
    http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such pretty flowers on the right, matching so well! Thanks for sharing your talent this week at MMSC10, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty! I especially love those flowers and colors!! Great use of the sketch!! Thanks for playing with the MMSC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gale! Love the colors on your card this week!!! Thanks for playing along with us again! I can not wait to see what you create next week!

    Love your blog background too!!

    Sue
    MMDT Member
    http://mcmahonfive.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a simply lovely and elegant floral card. Very nice take on the sketch challenge! Thanks for playing along with MMSC

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an elegant card. I love how you put the pears in the corner and then lined up the flowers on the bottom. I love purple, so this card is right up my alley :)Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week.
    Priscilla
    MMDT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beauty! The flowers are so pretty and I love the colors together. Thanks for playing along with us this week!

    ~Michelle MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete