Thursday, July 30, 2009

Christmas Midnight Madness

I guess all the preparing that Susan and I did for our Christmas in July event last Saturday put me in the Holiday spirit. I can't stop thinking about Christmas cards and possible projects for Christmas. So when I saw this week's challenge for Midnight Madness, I immediately thought of this stamp set. This stamp set is "SEASON OF JOY". I have used it many times and I think it is a good versatile set. It is a set that you can get many different looks from. I again used the new designer paper "MERRY MOMENTS". I love this paper! I used markers to color in the words on the tag. By using markers, I was able to make the words many different colors. I stamped the Poinsettia in Real Red, placed gold brads in the center, and used dimenionals to raise the flower. This card went very quickly for me. I think because I did not play around with a lot of possibilities fro a change. The idea was in my head and it just flowed out for some unknown reason and it felt right when I was finished. For those people who really know me, they will tell you that after I make a card or a scrapbook page, I leave it lay on a table for a while. I walk past it during the day looking at it. If something doesn't feel or look right, I will change it. But it lays there in pieces until I walk past it and don't feel I need to change anything and then I attach all the pieces. This time, it just felt right. I hope you feel the same way about it. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SET: Season of Joy
PAPER: Whisper White, Real Red, Merry Moments DSP
INK: Real Red
ACCESSORIES: Garden Green, Real Red, Yoyo Yellow and Night of Navy Markers, Jumbo Eyelets, Gold Brads, Eyelet Border Punch, 1/4" Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon

I hope this got you into the Christmas spirit! This is the time of year I start to make my Christmas Cards. I always start now so that I finish early and do not feel so rush closer to Christmas. Go and enjoy the rest of your day!


6 comments:

  1. What a very beautiful Christmas card! Very festive. Puts me in the mood for Christmas. Thank you so much for playing with us at the MMSC this week. Hope you will join us again!

    Carolyn, MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail, what a pretty Christmas card. Very festive. They way you did the multicolor on that SU stamp came out so nice. Christmas cards are so great to make in July, helps you stay cool. teehee. We thank you for participating this week, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. O. K. I can take the hint, I need to get started with Christmas. Lucky you at least one down. I love the way the multi-colored stamp came out. The complete card is very beautiful. The Midnight Madness Design Team wants to thank you for your entry into the MMSC12. We look forward to seening you in our challenge every week.

    Phyllis - Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous Christmas card!! I love what you did with the sketch!! Love the multicolors on the stamp! Thanks for playing with the MMSC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Great job with the sketch. I like how you stamped onto the tag and how you stamped it with several colours. If you like participating in challenges, you might be interested in my Saturday weekly challenges. The winner gets a set of nestabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sure did get me in the mood for Christmas..Your card is just fantastc..thank you so much for sharing with use..your post is wonderful :) Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week and don’t forget that August is “Refer your Friends for Freebies” Month.
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete