Monday, July 6, 2009

Friends in the New In Colors

Well, I made this card the other day when I first received my pre-order. I loved the cover of the new catalog. I thought the colors looked so good together. The Crushed Curry and Bermuda Bay really make a nice color combo. After I started to put the background colors together, I thought that I needed to put a different color on the flowers. If I had painted the flowers with the Crushed Curry, the flowers would not have stood out. So I decided to use one of the other new In Colors-Melon Mambo to paint the flowers. That little pop of color, I think, makes the flowers the focal point of the card. I thought the card looked elegant. So to continue with that feeling, I added the pearls instead of metallic brads. I was very happy with how this card turned out. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SET: Friends 24-7
PAPER: Razzleberry Lemonade DSP, Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry
INK: Melon Mambo, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Black Staz-On
ACCESSORIES: Scallop Edge Punch, Pearls from the Pretties Kit, Blender Pens

I thought that I would be posting my Mojo Monday card today but the UPS man did not come to my door today. He is rescheduled for tomorrow. I am waiting for my order from the new catalog. I can't wait to get my hands on the new stuff and play and play and play. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to post a new card with my new stuff. Until then, enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment