Friday, July 10, 2009

July Technique Class-Card 2

This is the second card that we will be working on in the July Technique Classes. Although it might be difficult to see in the picture, the flowers are bleached out on the Pixie Pink cardstock. I used the new In Color-Bermuda Bay for the background. I love the brightness that it brings to the card.It took me a while to figure out the design of this card. It is very simple and geometric looking so you would not think it took as long as it did for me to decide this was the card. I think because the stamped image and what I did to it was so simple, that it was harder to come up with the layout of the card. Because the card is so simple, I felt it needed something extra to the background. That is why I decided to stamp an image, tone on tone, onto the background. I added plenty of layers to surround and brighten up the simple image. Even after I had all the layers placed onto the card, it still looked as though something was missing. That is when I added the small round section on the bottom right corner. It is the opposite of the image I stamped. Instead of taking out the color (like I did with the bleach), I added the color on the image of the flower. It is really a positive-negative type of thing. The supplies that I used for this project were:

STAMP SET: Embrace Life
PAPER: Bermuda Bay, Pixie Pink, Green Galore, Whisper White, Basic Black
INK: Black Staz-On, Bermuda Bay
ACCESSORIES: Bleach, Blender Pen, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 1/4" Pink Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals

Although this was the simplest card I created for the technique classes, it took me the longest. I think it took me longer to do because I did not want it to be simple and boring. It took a while to come up with additions that were subtle but added interest. Tomorrow I will post a picture of a baby's room that became more interesting after Decor Elements were added. Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful- and I know what you mean, if you try not to go over the top, it's hard to find a balance between too much and too little.

    ReplyDelete