Saturday, July 3, 2010

New Catalog- New Colors

I got my Country Living magazine yesterday and I was amazed when I saw the front cover. The color scheme was exactly the same as this card that I made yesterday morning! I used some of the NEW colors that are in the New 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalog. For the base of the card I used the new DAFFODIL DELIGHT. What are beautiful shade of yellow! It was the perfect yellow to be combined with PEAR PIZAZZ and POPPY PARADE. A subtle green and a bright orange which are 2 of the 5 New In Colors this year. I was so excited when I saw the colors on that cover. I felt that Stampin' Up was right on with the colors they added this year.

I also used a variety of new products with the card along with an old favorite. The flower on this card from from "Flower Fancy" stamp set and the sentiment is from the "On Your Birthday" stamp set. The butterfly is the single "All A Flutter" stamp which can be found in the Summer Mini. This stamp set will only be available until August 31. Here is the complete list of the supplies that I used for this card:

STAMP SETS: Flower Fancy, All A Flutter, On Your Birthday
PAPER: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizazz, Poppy Parade, Vellum
INK: Poppy Parade, Pear Pizazz, Daffodil Delight, Black Staz-On
ACCESSORIES: Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Scallop Rectangle Clearlit, 1/8" Daffodil Delight Taffeta Ribbon, Poppy Parade, So Saffron, and Peach Parfait Markers

The products printed in red can be found in the NEW 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalog and the product highlighted in blue can be found in the Summer Mini.

This is such a bright and cheery card! I liked the way it turned out. I am so excited about the new products and will be making more new things today. Today is some "me" time for me and my stamping. Everybody needs one of those days once in a while and today is my day. The rest of you go out and enjoy the day!

1 comment: