Thursday, May 20, 2010

Summer Sun Dress-May Technique Class Card 2

I have seen these cute dresses on many blogs I was looking at Stamping Pro's blog and saw them again. I thought the new "Island Oasis" DSP from the Summer Mini would look like a sundress with the tropical prints. A perfect card for all those girlfriends with Summer birthdays. I used the Scallop Circle Sizzix Die to start the shape for the dress. I then counted 4 scallops on the top for the bodice and cut inward to make the waist. The bottom of the skirt was 10 scallops across an then I cut upward toward the waist. I used ribbon to create a belt. I used one of the flowers from the stamp set "Tropical Party". After cutting it out, I pushed a rhinestone brad though the flower, ribbon and skirt before adhering the dress to the cardstock. I really liked how they turned out. I am showing 2 examples using 2 different DSP designs. I think they look quite festive and perfect for my cousin and a friend who both have July birthdays. This month's theme was Novelty Cards. I think these cards fit this months theme. Go out and enjoy the day!

1 comment: