Thursday, May 27, 2010

All A Flutter

I thought you might want a change from the Elements of Style stamp set. I am also obsessed with the new stamp "All A Flutter". I love this single stamp which depicts a more realistic butterfly. I have more butterfly cards coming. For this card I used the "En Francois" background stamp with this card. I had not used that stamp for a long time but had it out while I was working on cards for a June Stamp Camp. I decided to use it with this card because I was getting into a rut using the Embossing Folders most of the time to add texture to my cards. I decided to go back and add texture to my card using the background stamp. I started by stamping the butterflies on vellum. To color the butterflies, I first stamped the butterflies with Staz-On on Vellum, turned them over and colored in the the areas with markers. I used Glue Dots to adhere the butterflies to the background. The background was Whisper White cardstock, stamped En Francois in So Saffron, sponged So Saffron all over the Whisper White cardstock and finished it off with sponging Bravo Burgundy around the edged of the cardstock. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SETS: En Francois, All A Flutter
PAPER: Pumpkin Pie, Bravo Burgundy, Basic Black, Whisper White, Vellum
INK: So Saffron, Bravo Burgundy, Black Staz-On
ACCESSORIES: Mini Glue Dots, Bravo Burgundy, Pumpkin Pie, and So Saffron Markers

This was a very simple card to make. Sometimes the most simple card is the best and this card proves that. My trip to Connecticut yesterday was great! I enjoy spending time with my relatives. I just got back from my walk this morning and it is steamy out there. I can't wait for school to be out and then I can go for my walk earlier when it is cooler. When school is in session I walk later in the morning so that I don't get caught in the school traffic of kids walking and driving to school. I live only a few blocks from the High School and one of the Elementary Schools. So you can imagine how busy it is past my house when the kids are in school. Anyway...I hope the weather is cooler where you are. Go out and enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment