Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April Technique Class- Card 3

This is the last card that I created for April's Technique Classes.  This "NOVELTY CARD" was created for a woman.  This idea also came from a swap that I received at a Regional or Leadership Event.  The reason I do not remember is that I have had this card in my possession for about 2 years.  I have continued to look at it and try to think how I could use it in a class but it was not until I saw the Spring Catalog that everything I was thinking about fell into place.  

As you can see, I used two of the greatest (in my opinion) accessories available in the Spring Catalog.  As I looked at the original card that I had, I could see that Doily and the Flower Trim would be perfect for the neckline.  Looking at this card, reminds me of my Grandmother.  Her dresses always had these fancy lace collars.  I also used a retiring product, the Subtle's DSP Pattern Pack in Baja Breeze.  Baja Breeze is a color that will be retiring at the end of May when the 2012-13 catalog is no longer available.

This card would be great to use for a Mother's Day card but since my Mother passed a number of years ago, I decided to turn it into a birthday card.  Today is my day off from watching any of my grandsons so I plan to get a lot done today.  Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment