Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Crayon Thank You

A few years ago Debbie Henderson had this card on her blog.  I thought it was so cute and just had to make one.  This is a perfect card to use for a teacher, a child or for someone who works in the field of art.  Or if you are like me, had someone in the family who worked at Crayola.  

This was one of the cards that we made at my Kids Cards Stamp A Stack.  It is very easy to make and does not use a lot of supplies.  The only stamping that is on this card is the sentiment.  If you are artistic, it is very easy to draw the shape of a crayon.  The supplies used for this project are:

STAMP SET:  Petite Pairs
PAPER:  Real Red, Pink Pirouette, Basic Black
INK:  Basic Black
ACCESSORIES:  Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Tasteful Trim Die, Big Shot

Since I am a retired art teacher, it was not hard for me to draw out the shape of the crayon.  You can make this crayon an color you wish.  Just choose your color of card stock and create the crayon shape.  The labels are usually a lighter shade of the color of the crayon. I used this Crayon Card in the past for a thank you card for Eli's teachers.  This year, I am planning to change the sentiment on the card and use it as a retirement card for all my former colleagues who are retiring this year.  I think that they will smile when they receive this card.  Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment