Monday, May 20, 2013

The Open Sea Swap Card

On Saturday I attended a downline meeting with a different upline than my own.  My upline lives in Washington State and this demo lives much closer.  She invites demos who do not have an upline who lives close along with her own downlines.  My sideline and I try to go to her meetings at least once a quarter.  It is so nice to meet with a group of other people who love to do the same thing as you do.  One of my favorite parts of the meeting is when we get to swap with each other.  This is the swap that I put together for this past weekend's meeting. 

The picture for this post did not turn out very well.  It is hard to see the details of this card.  I guess the light this morning was not as good as it usually is.  The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SET:  The Open Sea
PAPER:  Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy
INK:  Crumb Cake, Night of Navy, Versamark
ACCESSORIES:  Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Windows Framelits, Chevron Embossing Folder, Big Shot, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Dimensionals, Gold EP, Heating Tool

The Night of Navy triangle is embossed using the Chevron Embossing Folder.  I think it is very hard to see in this picture.  I did that to create the feeling of the waves.  Also it is hard to see in the picture the gold embossed compass which I punched out using the circle punch. 

All in all I was happy with how this swap turned out.  I was thinking that maybe I would use this card design or maybe just the layout using another stamp set for my swaps at Convention.  Wait and see until later.  Today I only have the youngest grandson to watch. So this is going to be one of the easier babysitting days this week.  Hopefully it will give me more time to get prepared for my Hostess Appreciation Gathering this Friday.  Enjoy the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment