Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Emmett's First Birthday Invite

My second Grandson will be turning 1 next month.  I can't believe that time has gone by so fast.  Of course my daughter asked me to make the invitation for his birthday party.  She decided she wanted a Cowboy theme and has some really cute ideas for it.  But I found it difficult to come up with a card for him.  So after many ideas, I decided to use the cowboy boot from "BOOTIFUL OCCASIONS".  On this card , I used some current SU product, some Retired SU product, some "NEW" SU product and (please forgive me) some non SU product. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SET:  Bootiful Occasions
PAPER:  Night of Navy, Baked Brown Sugar (NEW SU), DSP (non SU), Red Glimmer Paper, Brushed Gold
INK: Versamark
ACCESSORIES: Stars Sizzix Die (retired SU), Alphabet Sizzlets (retired SU), Big Shot, Linen Thread, Mini Silver Brads, Early Espresso Embossing Powder, Heating Tool, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

Making the number 1 was a disaster.  For some reason I first cut out the numbers and used retired Red Glitter on all the ones that were soooo messy.  I went to bed that night and was so frustrated how it was turning out when I remembered  RED GLIMMER PAPER!  Duh!  Where was my mind?  But at least I remembered before it was too late.  And I replaced all the numbers I had previously put on the stars.

All in all, I am happy with it.  My daughter and her husband are happy with it.  And Emmett is pretty happy about everything right now.  My next mission is to make something for Teacher Appreciation for Eli's Daycare Teachers.  So I have another busy day ahead of me.  Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment