Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Valentine Gift for the Teacher

I wanted to give Eli's teachers a small gift for Valentine's Day.  I saw this cute idea on Pink Buckeroo's blog a while ago and have wanted to try it.  With Eli in daycare, this gave me the perfect opportunity to try it.  I was going to make this for my Leadership gifts but then was unable to attend.    This is a gift box which holds one of those tiny candles from Bath and Body works.  You can buy this size candle for 2 candles  for $5.  It is a cute and inexpensive item to give away as a gift.  Anyway, this is my version of it.  


The supplies that I used for this project were:


STAMP SET:  Mixed Bunch
PAPER:  Melon Mambo, Spring Fever Simply Scrappin' Kit
INK:  Melon Mambo
ACCESSORIES:  Certainly Celery Taffeta Ribbon, Blossom Punch, 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Scallop Border Punch


I love the DSP in this new "Simply Scrappin' Kit" which you can find in the new Occasions Mini.  The DSP has such great designs. You can do a lot with these Simply Scrappin" Kits besides just using them for scrapbook pages.  But getting back to these candle boxes, ou can decorate these boxes as elaborate as you want to or keep it very simple.  I decided to keep it very simple this time.  If you would like the directions for this project, you can find them here.  It is listed as Candle Box Tutorial.  


It does not take a long time to make this.  What takes the longest, is decorating the gift box.  The candle fits inside the punched out 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch perfectly.  You can view that in the last picture.  This gift box is a perfect way to present this gift to your friend's, family, teachers, or a special person in your life.  it is bound to make you smile.  


Well, I am off and running.  I am watching my Grandson again today and he really keeps me hopping!  Enjoy your day!





3 comments: