Friday, February 10, 2012

In Color Mixed Bunch

I loved this set as soon as I saw it.  It is a new stamp set which you can find in the Occasions Mini. Thankfully I was able to get this set free because this is one of the 2 sets that they gave out at Leadership.  I could not wait to get my hands on this set.  I wanted to use summer colors to make this card. The colors that I finally decided on were Poppy Parade and Peach Parfait.  It took me a while to figure out what color combination to use and I am happy how it turned out.  You would not believe how many different color combinations I stamped before I settled on this one.


The supplies that I used for this card were:  


STAMP SETS:  Mixed Bunch, Delightful Dozen
PAPER:  Poppy Parade, Peach Parfait, Whisper White
INK:  Poppy Parade, Peach Parfait
ACCESSORIES:  Certainly Celery Taffeta Ribbon, Blossom Punch, 2 Way Glue, Dazzling Diamonds, Polka Dots, Embossing Folder, Dimensionals


I wanted to do a simple card but one that had some type of punch.  I think the color Poppy Parade does the trick.  It also seemed a little plain so I decided to add Dazzling Diamonds to the centers of the flowers to give it a little pizazz.  The Certainly Celery ribbon originally was White Satin bit it looked too heavy and did nothing for this card.  So I decided a contrasting color would do the trick.  The thinner taffeta ribbon and the green color looked so much better.  


Now I have to start thinking of a design for my swaps for the Columbus Regionals.  So I am off for another full day.  You go and enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment