Saturday, May 30, 2009

Lovely As A Tree


I absolutely love this stamp set. I think that I have used this stamp set more than any stamp set I have. I use it for my Fall cards, Masculine cards, Winter cards.... I think this is one of those stamp sets that you look at it that you don't realize all the different things that you can do with it. I used it on this card for a technique class I did a while ago. The technique that I used for this card is called "Faux Leather". It is kinda fun to do. You take masking tape and tear small strips and attach them all over a piece of cardstock. I then took Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, and Close to Cocoa classic stamp pads and rubbed them over the top of the tape. I then took
Versamark and rubbed it all over the cardstock with tape pieces and sprinkled Clear Embossing Powder over the Versamark. I then took the heating tool and embossed it. That is what gives it that shiny look. The tree was stamped with Staz-On and then I water colored the tree and ground using Watercolor Pencils. I made the layout very simple since it took more time to do the Faux Leather background. The supplies that I used for this card were:
STAMP SET: Lovely As A Tree
PAPER: Chocoalte Chip, Really Rust, Whisper White
INK: Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Black Staz-On
ACCESSORIES: Vintage Brads, 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Water Color Pencils, Brush, Masking Tape
This stamp set has been around a long time but it is one that a lot of people go back to. Hopefully this stamp set will not retire when the Last Chance List from Stampin' Up is released on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment