Sunday, May 17, 2009


Stampin Up has a promotion this month that for every 3 packages of Designer Paper, Designer Specialty Designer Paper, or 12" x 12" Textured Cardstock that you buy, you will receive 1 package FREE! Well I took advantage of that promotion and this card uses one of the papers that I bought. It is called "BELLA BIRDS" and it is gorgeous. I think it has a vintage feel to it. That is why I chose to use the Eyelet Border Punch and the soft White Organdy Ribbon to embellish the card. The color palette that is used in this package of designer papers is very soft and I absolutely feel in love with it. I decided to use "that bird" again from "FRIENDS 24-7" stamp set which has become a favorite of mine from this catalog. It seems that I keep going back to it and using it on a lot of my cards. Besides, the paper is called "BELLA BIRDS" so I feel that use of the bird was appropriate! Although this card is very simple, I really like it. It reminds me of the patterns on some of my Grandmother's quilts and so I get a very comforting feeling when I look at this card. The supplies that I used on this card are:
STAMP SET: Friends 24-7
CARDSTOCK: Bordering Blue, Whisper White, Bella Birds Designer Paper
INK: Close to Cocoa, Bordering Blue
ACCESSORIES: White Organdy Ribbon, Dimensionals
This paper also gave me the feeling that it would be good to use for wedding cards and items that were made for a wedding gift. Perhaps I will work on something like that next. The day here is really nice which is a welcome change after the thunder and lightning storms we had yesterday. I hope you day will be just as nice today. Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment