Friday, May 15, 2009

Finally, It Is Mojo Monday!

I am finally putting up the card I made for Mojo Monday! My oldest daughter loaned me her camera so I could take a few pictures to post. I really need to get my camera checked out and fixed. But here it is! I have been wanting to do a baby card for a while. Especially since a lot of my former co-workers are starting their families. I like to keep some baby cards on hand. This card is not a cutesy baby card but by using the "Wild About You" stamp set, it gives a more juvenile feel to the card. I stamped the images in Baja Breeze and Chocolate Chip ink. For the images that I stamped using the Chocolate Chip ink...I stamped off before stamping the image onto the Whisper White cardstock. I felt the images had to be a little softer and not so dark or bold to use them on a baby card. I used "Parisian Breeze Designer Paper" for this card and I have fallen in love with that paper! I think it is a great buy. The one side of the paper is flowery and very feminine and the other side is more bold and has a more masculine feel to it. I think that is a perfect combination for a package of designer paper. I don't think it has one bad design in the package. This would be a good Designer Paper to buy during this month's Stampin' Up special. A reminder that if you buy 3 packages of Designer Paper, Deigner Specialty Paper or 12"x12" Textured Cardstock, you get the fourth package FREE! The supplies that I used for this card are:

STAMP SETS: Wild About You, Holidays and Wishes
CARDSTOCK: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Parisian Breeze Specialty Designer Paper
INK: Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze
ACCESSORIES: Scallop Edge Punch

While I was playing around with making cards the other day, I tried the same layout and stamp sets but changed the colors and paper for a girl baby card. I will display that one later. About four hours after I made this card, my husband was talking with friend's of ours. Their son ( a former student of mine) had just become a father to a BABY BOY! So now I have a place to send this card which makes this particular card more special to me. I hope you liked the card. If you would like to take advantage of this month's Stampin' up special, please contact me. I have samples of all of their designs if you would like to see them. Remember to go out and enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment