Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Midnight Madness Card

The other day I was looking at some of the comments that were on my blog and there was one from Priscilla who had asked me to join her on her blog which does a "Midnight Madness" sketch challenge. You can check it out by using my side button for Midnight Madness. I had just worked myself up to going out of my comfort zone and try the Mojo Monday cards sketch challenges. And then to be asked to try another challenge I was unsure at first. But after thinking about it for a few minutes. I thought maybe adding another challenge to my retired schedule might be just the thing I need. I never did them before but after trying a few I find that it really gets my creative juices flowing. I am finding that I am enjoying them and they are helping me grow with my stamping. So today I am going to post this card for this week's challenge. I think I did okay for the first time with them. I looked at their cards on the site and they are beautiful. I hope that over time I can stretch my creativeness so that I can make cards as creative as they do. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SET: Friends 24-7
PAPER: Bella Birds Designer Paper, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Bordering Blue
INK: Close to Cocoa, Pink Pirouette, Barely Banana
ACCESSORIES: Eyelet Border Punch, Hodgepodge Silver Hardware, White Satin Ribbon, Linen Thread, Soft Subtle Buttons- Pink (retired)

I love the look of this card. It is so soft and not a loud card. The colors helped to give it a mellow feel. On the Whisper White cardstock, I took the damask stamp from the set and stamped the damask in Barely Banana and Pink Pirouette. I used the bird from the set and stamped over the damask using Close to Cocoa. I then sponged the edges with Close to Cocoa to make it look more weathered. That detail is so hard to see on the picture but I felt that without it, the card didn't look as old. Well I am excited about trying this new venture. I hope you enjoyed this card. Go and enjoy the rest or your day.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice job, Gail! I'm sure proud that you gave MMSC a try. It's always fun and exciting, make new friends as we go on the card making journey together. We'd love to see more of your MMSC cards, ~Jeni, MMDesign Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is wonderful. I love it. Thank you for playing with us.

    Carolyn, MMDT member
    http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail, your card is so pretty! The kids and I feed and watch the birds here...so we love bird cards! I'm glad Priscilla asked you to join us. Thanks for deciding to play with us and I can't wait to see what you do next week!

    Sue
    http://mcmahonfive.blogspot.com/
    MMDT Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Gail, I am soooooo happy you decided to join us on your journey with card crafing. You will have a ball with these ladies..they always are very helpful too :) I can see you really enjoy making cards..your style is so peaceful and calming..Card should give off a feeling when viewing and when I view yours I get a warm fuzzy feeling...THANK YOU.. don't you just love the joy card making brings to you and the ones you share them with? Good luck my dear on the drawing and I hope to see you week after week :)

    Priscilla :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gail I really like this sweet little bird! You did a wonderful job! I am so glad that you decided to try the MMSC challenge! Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gail I love the softness of this card, the colors and image are so delicate. Look forward to seeing more of your designs in the future.
    Hugs,
    Charlotte
    MMDT member

    ReplyDelete