Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Baby Girl


I have been trying to come up with designs for baby cards for a while now. Although it seems that my friends are all having boy babies, I figure sooner or later someone has to have a girl. So being a person who wants to be prepared, I started working on these cards last week. I used a similar layout for a boys card last week but changed the colors and used different designer paper. I still used "WILD ABOUT YOU" stamp set but used Pretty in Pink Classic ink. The designer paper is "TEA PARTY". I used this paper a lot for my Easter cards and Mother's Day cards. I absolutely love the spring like colors. I used a Texturz Plate with Barely Banana cardstock for the top right hand corner because I could not find a pattern in the color that I wanted to go along with the papers I already had chosen. I think that using the Texturz plate in a color that coordinated with what I already had works well. I really like this card. It has a soft, cuddly, and girly feel to it. The supplies that I used for this card were:
STAMP SETS: Holidays and Wishes, Wild About You
CARDSTOCK: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, Tea Party Designer Paper
INK: Pretty in Pink
ACCESSORIES: Eyelet Border Punch, Oval Scallop Punch, Large Oval Punch, 5/8" Pink Grosgrain Ribbon, Big Shot, Eyelet Texturz Plate
I thought it was a quick and easy baby card. Just swap more boy colors and patterns if you want to do this card for a baby boy. I have to go and work on wedding cards now. My oldest daughter's best friend is getting married and I want to make a special card for her. Enjoy the rest of day!

No comments:

Post a Comment