Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mojo Monday 88

When I looked at the layout for this weeks challenge, I was completely stumped! I came up with all different stamp sets I could use but the papers I had did not seem to coordinate. Then I tried combining different papers and that did not seem to work. I am not good with my circle cutter yet. (I have to practice more) So I was at a loss to come up with something that was a larger circle than the punches I own. I decided to stop thinking of the circle as a circle and turn it into an object. My first attempt was making a Dahlia Fold flower for the circle but no luck there. For some reason I kept picking up this whimsical stamp set "BUGS AND KISSES" and then it came to me to make it into a magnifying glass. I had seen someone make a magnifying glass on SCS a couple of years ago and thought I would try it. And for some reason everything then fell into place. Sometimes cards are hard to some up with the right combinations and sometimes they fall into place easily. This one was a challenge to me and I am glad that I kept at it until I got one I liked. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SET: Bugs and Kisses

PAPER: Whisper White, Yoyo Yellow, Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise, Only Orange, Basic Black

INK: Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore

ACCESSORIES: Bold Brights Brads, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Word Window Punch, Dimensionals, Big Shot, Polka Dot Texturz Plate

Although this was not what I had in mind when I started, I like the finished product. I enjoy doing the Mojo Monday because it has made me think more and stretch myself. I like that my cards are not coming out all the same. And I have started to use stamp sets that I had not used for a while. This has been good for me. Go and enjoy the rest of your day!



No comments:

Post a Comment