Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mojo Monday Week 87

Well, I finally finished my Mojo Monday card. It took me a while until I put things together that I felt looked good. When I work it takes me a long time. I start out with one idea and then as I go, I eliminate some pieces, add others, change colors..... So it never ends up the way it starts out in my mind. I end up with so many pieces of things that do not end up in the card I started. This card has tiny details that are hard to see in the picture. The cherries on the cupcakes were colored with Real Red marker and then I put Crystal Effects on top of the cherries to make them shiny. The cupcake papers were not colored in with marker but were stamped onto designer paper and then cut out and glued onto the stamped image. The icing on the cupcakes are sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds. All in all, I think I am happy the way the card turned out. Here are the supplies that I used:

STAMP SETS: Crazy for Cupcakes, A Little Birdie Told Me
PAPER: Pacific Point, Green Galore, Whisper White, Apricot Appeal, Rainbow Sherbet
INK: Black Staz-On, Pacific Point
ACCESSORIES: 1- 3/4" Circle Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Cupcakes Wheel, Crystal Effects, Real Red Marker, Dazzling Diamonds

After I post this, I am going to finish cards that were leftover from last night's class. I always cut a few more to make sure I have enough. Afterwards I make what I have left over. That way I will always have cards on hand in case I need any. Go and enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. What bright color, nice combo. Great paper too.good idea about cuting out a few extras,.I was checking out your other work….you do really nice work…don’t you just love Mondays..i love mojo mondays sketch. hey, I would love for you to check out the Tuesday Sketch Challenge at Midnight Madness. I would love for you to join us. It looks like you really like doing sketch cards. Stop by if you can at, you would fit right in!

    http://priscillastyles.blogspot.com

    Home of the "Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge" Where Handmade Cards Encounter a Vintage Flair
    with a touch of "Midnight Madness!
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete