Monday, June 30, 2014

June Technique Card #2

Because I was focusing on backgrounds this month, I decided to demonstrate a watercolor wash.  I remembered seeing this card.  I did not save it any place so I do not know who it belongs to.  But I thought it was stunning and I knew I had to show my customers.  They loved it too.  

The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SET:  Lovely As A Tree, And Many More
PAPER:  Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Watercolor Paper, Very Vanilla
INK:  Memento, Early Espresso, Soft Sky, Pear Pizazz, Old Olive, Soft Suede
ACCESSORIES: Burlap Ribbon, Candy Dots, Aquapainters, Itty Bitty Banner Framelits, Dimensionals, Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Big Shot

I loved how this turned out and my customers were amazed how easy it was to make this Watercolor Wash background. It is such an easy way to make your backgrounds look more dimensional.  They loved it and have told me that they intend to do more since they know how to now.  

I am planning to continue working on  my swaps for convention today.  But the most important thing I will be doing today is to watch "The Chew".  Although I will be working on the swaps, I will stop when The Chew comes on because I was in the audience that day when they taped this episode!  Hopefully there will be a shot of all of us sitting in the audience.  Well I am off, it is going to be another crazy day!  Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment