Friday, June 6, 2014

In Color THX

While trying to come up with a Make & Take fir my Open House last week, I thought it would be a good thing to design a card that used all 5 colors.  I saw a 3" x 3" square on Brian King's blog and thought I would CASE it but make it a regular standard  A2 sized card.  

This is what I came up with.  It did not work out how I had planned.  When enlarging the card base, the shapes did not fit the same so I  had to enlarge some shapes, add texture to others and I also added DSP to add more interest to the card.  The striped DSP really completed the card.  The supplies that I used for this card  were:

STAMP SET:  None
PAPER: Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow, Tangelo Twist
INK:  None
ACCESSORIES:  Chevron Embossing Folder, Circle Card Thinlets

The heart and the thx was made by using thinlits from the Circle Card Thinlets package.  It is easy to forget that there are these great small pieces in the card Thinlets that can be incorporated in your cards.  I decided not to use it for my event because I decided that I also wanted my customers to use the coordinating Ink Pad.  But it is a good card to make if you only want to use card stock.

Another busy day with watching all 3 boys again today.  Today is French Toast Friday!  They all love French Toast for breakfast so I created French Toast Fridays when I make a big breakfast for everybody.  So I am off and running to start getting everything together to cook breakfast this morning before the first grandchild arrives.  Just another crazy day at Grandpop's and Grandma's house.  Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment