Wednesday, June 25, 2014

June Technique Class- Card #1

Did I ever tell you that I was not going to buy this stamp set and was talked into it by my friend.  Well for someone who did not want to get this set, I am sure getting my money's worth out of it!  I love it and am so glad that I bought it.  I have used this stamp set for a number of different occasions.

This month's Technique Classes were all about backgrounds and how you create different effects.  This technique I called "MARKER SPRITZ".  I wanted the background to look like water with a number of colors.   I created the background for the octopus using the clear bock and various shades of blue markers.  I took the clear block and colored all over the clear block with the different shades of blue.  After coloring the block with random colors, I used the Spritzer filled with water and spritzed the block with the water.  I then placed the block down onto Whisper White card stock.  Voila!  And there is your background!  If you look closely,  you will be able to see that I used different shades of blue.  

For this project I used:

STAMP SET:  Sea Street
PAPER:  Night of Navy, Real Red, Whisper White, Early Espresso, Maritime DSP
INK:  Night of Navy, Early Espresso
ACCESSORIES:  White Baker's Twine, 1" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Pinch, 2-1/2" Circle Punch, Circle Framelits, Big Shot, Decorative Dots Embossing Folder, Dimesionals, Clear Mount Block, Spritz Bottle, Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, and Lost Lagoon Markers

I think he came out pretty cute.  But then, I have fallen in love with this set.  This is an off week at our house.  No kids until Friday and then it is only 1.  It feels strange but I am enjoying the extra time to catch up on my stamping.  I am working on my swaps for convention.  Will show you that closer to Convention,  Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment