Monday, June 16, 2014

Sea Street Ombre

When I first saw this set, I was not going to buy it.  But my good friend talked me into it and I bought it not knowing how I was going to use it.  But I have used this stamp set over and over and over again.  I LOVE it!  I used it for a Stamp A Stack card, a Technique Class card, Open House card, Thank you card, and working on my swamps for convention and I am using that set for one of my swaps.  Boy am I glad I bought this set!

This is the Thank You card that I made for my customers this month.  Isn't the octopus cute?  If you look very closely, you will see the waves have an Ombre look to them.  That was made using one color of marker believe it or not.  I created that look by coloring one chevron line and stamping it off.  Then I colored the next chevron line and stamped it off.  Finally I colored the last chevron line and stamped the image.  That is how you achieve the Ombre effect.  Neat huh?

The supplies that I used for this card are:

STAMP SETS:  Sea Street, Something to Say
PAPER:  Night of Navy, Real Red, Whisper White
INK:  Night of Navy, Basic Gray
ACCESSORIES: Pool Party Marker 

I decided to use a nautical look to my June Thank You Notes because people are starting to go to the beach and pool.  I thought it looked very summery.  I think my customers will like this little notes.

The kids are here already because 2 stayed over night last.  Grandpop and the oldest grandson slept under the stars last night!  They are all fed and now I am going to go out for my walk.  While I am walking this morning, I will be thinking of more ideas of what to do with this versatile set.  Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment