Monday, January 20, 2014

January Technique Class- Card #3

This is the last card that we made in Technique Class this month.  Everyone really liked this Shaker Card.  I saw a card like this but can not remember where.  If you contact me I will give you credit. The background was different on the card that I saw but my mind went right to the Embossing Folder, "DECORATIVE DOTS" which can be found in the Sale-A-Bration Brochure.  I thought that was a perfect background because it reminded me of snow.  After I ran the Soft Sky card stock through the Big Shot using that embossing folder, I took a Whisper White stamp pad and rubbed it over the raised dots to lighten them.  I thought it gave a more snowy look to the background.

This card was used in the GLITTER themed Technique Class.  So I place the Glitter inside the shaker frame used to create this card.  The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SETS:  Festive Flurry, Best of 25 Years…Snow
PAPER:  Night of Navy, Soft Sky, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer Paper
INK:  , Whisper White, Soft Sky, Smokey Slate, Island Indigo, Pool Party, Real Red, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Black Stazon
ACCESSORIES:  Blender Pens, Shaker Frames, Silver Glitter, Dimensionals, Festive Flurry Framelits, 1/8" Silver Ribbon, Decorative Embossing Folder

The Decorative Dots Embossing Folder is available ONLY from the Sale- A- Bration Brochure.  For every $50 you spend in product, you may choose an item FREE from the brochure.  This embossing folder is one of the items that you can choose from.  The Sale is on only from January 28th to March 31st.  This is my favorite time of year at Stampin' Up because you are able to get some great product FREE.  CLICK HERE to view the brochure.

I will be posting a few more pictures this week of cards that we will be making at my Valentine Buffet. Today while the little guy is napping, I will start to get the materials cut and ready for Saturday's event. Enjoy the day!




No comments:

Post a Comment