Friday, January 3, 2014

Alright... Time to Shop!!

I am soooo excited today.  Not only did we have snowfall overnight and it looks beautiful outside.  But today starts the first day that everyone can order from the OCCASIONS Catalog!!  Now that is a reason to celebrate!  

This is a card that I made for a swap that I was planning to attend tomorrow.  It is cancelled because of the weather but I thought I would post a picture of it anyway.  We were asked to create a card using some of the products that you can find in the Occasions Catalog or the SAB items that you can earn starting January 28th.  I used some products from both.

The product that I used from the Occasions Catalog is the stamp "Blessed Easter".  The stamp features those beautiful Tulips and an Easter sentiment.  For this card though, I only wanted the Tulips to show.  So I masked the sentiment off with a post it, inked up the stamp, removed the post it from the stamp and finally stamped the image.   

The supplies that I used for this project were:

STAMP SETS:  Blessed Easter, Petite Pairs, En Francois
PAPER:  Strawberry Slush, Raspberry Ripple, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
INK:  Strawberry Slush, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, Black Stazon
ACCESSORIES:  Oval Framelits, Banner Framelits, Big Shot, Pistachio Pudding Ruffled Ribbon, Dimensionals, Blender Pens

When I was finished with all the pieces and was trying different arrangements, something seemed to be missing.  So I tried the Pistachio Pudding Ruffled Ribbon and I think that helped.  It helped to make the green that was used for the leaves pop.  It is subtle but I think it was needed to tie everything together.  

If you have not yet received your Occasions Catalog, contact me and I will get one to you or CLICK HERE 

If you live where it is snowing and you can't get out, today is a great day to go through the new catty and go shopping for your favorite new products.  Enjoy the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment