Friday, February 1, 2013

Eli's Valentines

Where Eli attends daycare, every Valentine's Day they have the kids exchange valentines.  Of course being Grandma and a crafty person, I feel that I should make them for him to give to his classmates.  They are supposed to be simple.  So I decided to use the Hearts Collection Framelits to make the base of the card.  When Eli saw this elephant, he got so excited so I knew that I just had to use that for his cards.  So this is what I came up with.  Very simple but oh does Eli like this card!  The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SET:  Henry Says
PAPER:  Real Red, Whisper White, Basic Gray DSP, Red Glimmer Paper
INK:  Real Red, Basic Black 
ACCESSORIES:  Hearts Collection Framelits, Big Shot, Small Heart Punch

I will say that the small Red Glimmer Paper heart was not in my original design.  But I  made a smudge there.  So I punched out the small and placed it there.  It looked good there so I decided to keep it there.  That little bit of glitz finished the card off.  Sometimes accidents are good things.  The card is so simple there is not much else that I can say.  But one thing I know is that Eli is happy Grandma made his valentine's this year!  Enjoy your day!


No comments:

Post a Comment