Friday, February 8, 2013

You Are Loved

I love this stamp set.  I bought it last year but never got a chance to use it.  So this year I made a number of different cards using the set.  This is another card for the Valentine Buffet which I hosted last evening.  This card is so very simple but I like the simplicity of only 2 colors and a splash of glitz (the Red Glimmer Paper).  The supplies that I used for this project were:  

STAMP SET:  You Are Loved
PAPER:  Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Red Glimmer Paper
INK:  Versamark
ACCESSORIES:  Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder, Heating Tool, Lacey Brocade Embossing Folder, 5/8" White Organza Ribbon, Dimensionals, Sticky Strip

I think the Lacey Brocade Embossing Folder and the White Organza Ribbon give it an elegant feeling. After I made this card, I thought about changing the embossing to a mixture Cherry Cobbler EP and Iridescent Ice.  I think that would make the heart a little more sparkly but it was too late to change it.  But maybe when I have some time, I will try it just to see how it would change the look of the card.  That is the beauty of stamping, you come up with one idea but there are thousands of ways to change it.  It is a way for you to stretch your creativity and make it your own.

Well I am getting ready for the snow they are calling for.  I really do not expect a lot but we just have to wait and see.  Another babysitting day for me but only 1 today and then when he leaves I need to make Valentine sacks for treats.  Will post again after the weekend.  I will be working on Bridal Shower invitations with a friend of mine.  They are for her future daughter-in-law. So the weekend will be a busy one.  Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment: