Friday, June 8, 2012

An Open House Thank You

 This is another one of the cute Make and Takes that my customers were able to make at my Open House last Sunday.  I will admit that I CASED this card from Patty Bennett.  What attracted me to this card was the color combination.  But I also like how the Perfectly Penned stamp set fits perfectly in the Lucky Limeade shape.  That helps to highlight the sentiment.  I changed the colors a bit and also added the Rhinestone Jewel.  The jewel gives this card a little bling which draws your eye straight to the sentiment.  I made the flowers Primrose Petals which softened the look of the flowers.  The supplies that  I used for this card were:


STAMP SETS:  Everything Eleanor, Perfectly Penned
PAPER:  Whisper White, Lucky Limeade, Raspberry Ripple
INK:  Lucky Limeade, Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals, Basic Black
ACCESSORIES:  Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals


 One of the reasons that I wanted to do this card for my Open House was the simplicity of it.  By simple, I mean that this card is Basically just stamping.  The only extra on this card is stamping the flower and then cutting the flower out and adding the rhinestone.  There are not a lot of fancy folds, techniques, or steps to make this card but the colors and design is what creates the impact.  Everyone loved this card.  


 The Open House went very well and I was happy how things turned out.  Another busy weekend with the family and the countdown has started for the arrival of my second grandchild.  My daughter is due this month with her second child.  We are all on pins and needles waiting.  And as you know I have a rough time waiting.  Enjoy your day!

1 comment: