Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May Technique Class- Card 3

This is the third card that we will be making in May's Technique Classes. The technique that I used making this card is called "Plaid Stamping" You can see it on the Damask stamp. To highlight the technique, the rest of the card is monochromatic. I used Crumb Cake for the card and Early Espresso for the ribbon and trim. I used Peach Parfait, Pumpkin Pie and Poppy Parade ink pads to create the plaid effect on the Damask stamp. Using these colors, the technique stands out. It is a very simple card but I think it is elegant looking. So far the people who have attended my classes liked this card.

Tomorrow I plan to take a few hours for me. I am going for a mani pedi and then some shopping for Eli for his Baptism. It seems like I always have something going. Then tomorrow night is my last technique class for the month. I will then have to start creating my cards for next month's technique classes. The theme for next month's classes will be Fancy Fold Cards. I can't wait to work on those cards. Go out and enjoy the day today!

1 comment:

  1. That looks great - I'll have to learn that! You have been very busy!

    ReplyDelete