Friday, May 6, 2011

Eli's Baptism

My daughter came to me and asked me if I would make cards to send out so that so special people in their lives could come and share in Eli's Baptism. He will be Baptized on his 6 month birthday. They waited that long so that Eli's other set of parents would be able to travel in to Pennsylvania from Arizona. I showed my daughter a few different stamp sets and she chose the "Crosses of Hope" stamp set. She loved this delicate cross. I added the pearls to make it a little bit more elegant and regal.






We then chose the sentiment from a old but good standby
stamp set called, "Buggies and Booties". I loved this stamp set and was sad to see it go. But every once in a while, I borrow it from my friend to make a card for a special person.









Here is the card finished. I thought it turned out really well. It was a collaborative effort with my daughter and I. I showed her a number of different layouts and accessories but this is the one we finally come up with.

The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SETS: Crosses of Hope, Buggies and Booties (retired)
INK: Bashful Blue Craft
PAPER: Whisper White, Bashful Blue
ACCESSORIES: Jewels-Pearls, Clear EP, Heating Toll, Perfect Details Texturz Plate, Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Dimensionals

Sorry I have been missing this week from posting on my blog but I had Dr.'s appointments 3 days this week and a trip to the vet. It has been a very busy week for us but I guess a good week for the Dr.'s. My Father is having some health concerns right now and so that is where my focus is for now. So please be patient with me if I can not post as often as I would like to. Hopefully next week will be better. This weekend should be fun because Eli will be coming with his parents to visit this weekend. I think we all need time to relax and enjoy our time together this weekend. Go out and enjoy the day!





1 comment: