Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sweet Scoops

This is the second card that we are making for our Technique Class. I did not originally post this card because it is so hard to see the technique. But my customers said I should anyway. The technique is used on the Pretty in Pink cardstock. I used a Faux Texturz Plate Technique on Stamping Pro's blog and thought I would try it. It is another way to give your paper texture without using bought Texturz Plates or Embossing folders. Basically what you are doing is making your own Texturz Plate using scraps and punches of your choice. You punch out shapes and layer it on top of another piece of cardstock to create your own Texturz Plate. To create texture for this card I used various sizes of circle punches. But you could use hearts, stars, circles, or whatever shape you wish.

The supplies that I used for this cards were:

STAMP SET: Sweet Scoops
PAPER: Melon Mambo, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White
INK: More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Real Red
ACCESSORIES: 1/8" Early Espresso Taffeta Ribbon, 1/2" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch. 1" Circle Punch, Big Shot, Cutting Plate, Multipurpose Platform, Rubber Silicone Pad

This is a great way to create textured backgrounds for your cards when you do not have a plate or embossing folder that fits your needs at the time. I wish you could see the texture better but the technique really does work and helps you in a pinch. I plan to work on my upcoming Holiday Stamp-A-Stacks today with my friend Susan. Go out and enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment