Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Santa Surrounded by Flowers

I really enjoyed doing the Crayon Resist with the embossing folders and thought I would try it with the "PETALS A PLENTY" Embossing Folder. Well I think it was a better idea than a card but decided to show it to you anyway. It looks like something is missing and I can't figure it out. Maybe the problem is that the background looks so busy. I think I have a good idea here but I need to tweak it a bit. Perhaps I will make an updated version and post that to see what you think. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SET: Jolly Old Saint Nick
PAPER: Old Olive, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler
INK: Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Blushing Bride, Pretty in Pink
ACCESSORIES: Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Petals A Plenty Embossing Folder, Sponges, Aqua Painter, Dazzling Diamonds, 2 Way Glue, Big Shot

Sometimes when you have an idea, you need to experiment with it a number of times before it comes out the way you want it to. so do not be discouraged if it does not turn out the first time. I usually end up with a variety of cards before I get the one that I really like. So don't be afraid to make a number of cards before you hit on "The One". Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment