Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Thumping

Tonight I will host my final technique class for this month. I have already shown you the cards that we will be making. But I thought that I could show you a card that we did in my technique classes this past fall. This card uses the technique of "THUMPING". If you look closely, you can see the different colors on the leaves of the tree. That is where the technique of thumping was applied. First I stamped the tree using Close to Cocoa. Before stamping the image onto the cardstock, I took Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, and Old Olive Markers and randomly bounced (thumped) them all over the image. This was a way that I could create a tree that looks like the leaves are changing in Autumn. It truly gives the tree a more realistic look. After I was finished designing this card, I was told by my group that this was a great card to use for a man. They liked the colors and the tree looks very stately. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SETS: Lovely As A Tree, Canvas Background (retired "09)
CARDSTOCK: Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Very Vanilla
INK: Old Olive, Close to Cocoa, Not Quite Navy
ACCESSORIES: Old Olive Marker, Pumpkin Pie Marker, Real Red Marker, Very Vanilla 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon

Although the Canvas Background stamp is retired, you could use the backgound stamp "SANDED" to give the background on this card some texture. It would create a little bit more interest on the card. At the time that I designed the card, I challenged myself to use colors that I would not normally use. I never used Not Quite Navy in creating my cards before. It was not a favorite color of mine. But since I used it on this card, I find myself using it more and more. So my word of advice to you today is...Don't be afraid to try new color combinations or at least one new color in your next card. You might find that you will be using it a lot more in your card and scrapbook creations. Enjoy the rest of your day!



No comments:

Post a Comment