Tuesday, April 21, 2009

April Technique Class-Part Three

Today I had my second technique class for the month. Tomorrow night is the third and final technique class for this month. This card is the last of the three cards that I designed for this month's technique classes. I posted the other two cards previously. This card was showcasing Sticky Strip. I demonstrated to the girls that you could use the sticky strip to decorate the card with glitter instead of using the tape ONLY for adhering. I know that it is difficult to see, but the strip near the bottom of the card where the leaf and flowers are glued is really sticky strip covered with Fine Cosmo Glitter. It really looks fabulous in person. That little bit of glitter adds some punch to the card. Sometimes it only takes the smallest use of an accessory, like glitter, brads, buttons, ect. to add pizazz to your cards or scrapbook page. You don't always have to add a lot of ribbons or bold accessories to create more interest in your projects. Sometimes it is the small items that can add a lot! This card was fun to make. I used a template from Mojo Monday.blogspot.com (week 82). It is easy to get into a rut when you are creating cards and sometimes you just need to see a different slant on it. I used the stamp set "BEST WISHES AND MORE" and came up with a design using the stamp set in a way that co-ordinated with the layout. The supplies that I used on the card are:

STAMP SETS: Best Wishes and More
CARDSTOCK: Regal Rose DSP (level 1 hostess gift), Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Whisper White
INK: Regal Rose, Certainly Celery, Glorious Green
ACCESSORIES: Sticky Strip, Fine Cosmo Glitter, Chunky Sprinkles, Scallop Edge Punch, Trio Flower Punch, Dimensionals, Adhesive, Scissors

I didn't get my camera fixed yet. I borrowed my daughter's, who was visiting from Arizona, and took some pictures so that I would have some time until I get things straightened out with my camera. I hope you enjoyed this card. I know the ladies who left today did. And enjoy the rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment