Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Saturday Stamping Marathon

Here is a sample of what I was doing on Saturday during our stamping marathon. It is a box with 8 cards. So cute to give as a gift!
In February we got together at my upline's house for the weekend. Her husband wanted to know what she wanted for her birthday and she said take the kids to a hotel for the weekend so my friends and I can stamp ALL weekend long. Which we did and it was great! We decided then that we would do these "outings" more often but a shorter time. So this Saturday we stamped for 12 hours. People usually come with ideas and we just go from one project to the next. This idea came from the Demonstrator Ideas portion of the SU website. The dimensions were there and so we cased it. Once you make something, it is very easy then to change the colors, layout, ect. I used the Tea Party Designer Paper simply because I had some left and because I absolutely LOVE this paper. So using a basic simple layout, I made 8 cards to go into the box. The box was made from Certainly Celery cardstock for the bottom of the box and Pretty in Pink for the lid. I also used Tea Party for the lid to complement the cards. The supplies that I used were:
STAMP SETS: Oval All
CARDSTOCK: Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Almost Amethyst,Whisper White, Tea Party Designer Paper
INK: Almost Amethyst
ACCESSORIES: Pink Pirouette 5/8" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Eyelet Border Punch
We had a great time but I was worn out by the time it was over. I had already done a class that morning! This was very easy to do once I tried it. I am going to make another one using the dimensions but changing the stamp set, colors, and layout. Changing all those things will make this project look totally different. Don't be afraid to see something you like and just take that idea and change it around a bit. Once you do it, you will feel more confident and will be able to experiment with your own ideas. It might help you relax and let your creativity flow. It is another nice day here, so go and enjoy the rest of your day!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't get to try this one either? Are you stamping together sometime soon? Let me know.

    ReplyDelete