Thursday, April 30, 2009

MoJo Monday #84




Well I finally finished my card for the Mojo Monday Challenge. I kept changing my mind on what to do. Although I have used the stamp set "FRIENDS 24-7" for a lot of my projects, I could not help myself and went back to it for this project. I used a few different techniques on this card. The flowers were stamped with Black Staz-On and then I took a blender pen and colored in the image using Perfect Plum and Pale Plum for the flowers. I then used Always Artichoke and Mellow Moss for the leaves. I added 3 half pearls from the Pretties Kit for embellishment. The base of the card is Pale Plum. On the top half I stamped used the damask stamp from the set and stamped on Always Artichoke Cardstock using Always Artichoke Ink. After that I ran the cardstock through the Big Shot using the Damask Texturz Plate. The bottom square was made using the ghosting technique. The "FRIENDLY WORDS" wheel was using there along with the damask stamp. The butterfly is from the "DREAMS DU JOUR" stamp set. I stamped the butterfly on Whisper White using Perfect Plum Ink. Although it is hard to see, I then added Dazzling Diamonds over the stamped image of the butterfly. Mellow Moss Taffeta Ribbon surrounds the middle of the card. The card looks much better in person and I am pleased how it turned out. The supplies that I used for this card are:
STAMP SETS: Dreams Du Jour, Friends 24-7
CARDSTOCK: Pale Plum, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Whisper White, Glossy White
INK: Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss, Black Staz-On, Versamark
ACCESSORIES: Pearls from the Pretties Kit, Scallop Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Dimensionals, 2 Way Glue, Dazzling Diamonds, Blender Pens, Big Shot, Damask Texturz Plate, Brayer, Friendly Words Jumbo Wheel, Taffeta Mellow Moss Ribbon
I am glad that I started to try these challenges, because it really does get you creative mojo going. It really is good to try to challenge yourself in your card/scrapbook layouts. It helps you get out of doing the same on thing which feels so comfortable and gets you to think more creatively. I hope you enjoyed the card. Enjoy the rest of your day!


3 comments: