Sunday, April 26, 2009

I got my MoJo Going

I am sure that you have had those moments when you are working on your projects and you feel that you have fallen into a rut. It is so easy to fall back on those layouts that have worked so well in the past. But sometimes you have to challenge yourself in order for you to grow and come up with more creative designs. I found a blog- MojoMonday.blogspot.com that helps you challenge yourself each week. I have often viewed the challenges but have never tried one until this week. I had my April Technique classes this week and had some leftover pieces. Although the the layout was much different than this layout, a lot of the pieces were close to the size or shape of the layout this week. So with a few changes in the background, some additions, some deletions...I came up with this card. The base of the card is Kraft, layered with Chocolate Chip and Parisian Breeze Specialty Designer Paper. I used the rhinestone brad, flower, and the pearls from the Pretties Kit. All the supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SET: Friends 24-7
CARDSTOCK: Kraft, Chocolate Chip. Parisian Breeze Specialty Designer Paper, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
INK: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze
ACCESSORIES: Pretties Kit, Dimensionals, Scallop Edge Punch


The bird was stamped in Baja Breeze, cut out and attached with dimensionals. It is hard to see but the bird is mounted on Parisian Breeze Designer Paper also but I used a print in the Chocolate Chip color. I loved the way it turned out. The card that I did for my classes looked more masculine (I think because I used the striped side of the paper). This card felt more feminine to me with the floral piece of designer paper. I added the flower and the pearls also because it seemed to enhance the femininity of the card. I showed my upline and sidelines yesterday and our stamping marathon. They seemed to like it also. I will talk more about our stamping adventure in a later blog because I am totally exhausted from yesterday and I need to rest. It is a beautiful day here today, so I am going to take advantage of that. Enjoy the rest of your day!

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors and stamp set used here. You did wonderful on this sketch. Visiting via mojo monday blog.

    ReplyDelete