Monday, April 27, 2009

A Nice Surprise

Well, I was going to tell you about my stamping marathon this weekend. I also thought that today I might post my Mojo Monday design but all that changed this morning. I got a very nice surprise when I went to Stampin' Up's website this morning and checked the Stamper Showcase. My Leadership swap was on it!!!! This is the first time that a design of mine has been placed on their website and I am soooooo excited! Because of this, I dropped all my other ideas for today and decided to place a picture of that card on my blog. This is the card I came up with for my swaps for Leadership in Orlando this past January. I used the ghosting technique for the background. To do this technique, first take Glossy White cardstock and stamp all over it with a dark ink. I used the hearts from "LOVE YOU MUCH" and stamped them using Riding Hood Red. The second step is to take another stamp and stamp all over the cardstock using versamark. ( I used the "EN FRANCOIS" stamp set) You then take a brayer and cover your cardstock with a lighter color. I used Regal Rose. Then you take a paper towel and rub off the extra ink. It is an impressive looking technique but very simple to do. The base of the card is Pink Pirouette. I used Whisper White cardstock, punched the bottom with the Scallop Edge Punch and then stamped the "EN FRANCOIS" background stamp onto it with Pretty in Pink ink. The hearts were stamped on Riding Hood Red, Shimmery White and Pink Pirouette cardstock, versamark and embossed with Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder. I punched the hearts out using the Heart to Heart Punch and placed them on the card randomly using dimensionals. Here is the list of supplies I used:

STAMP SETS: En Francois, Love You Much
CARDSTOCK: Glossy White, Shimmery White, Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red
INK: Riding Hood Red, Regal Rose, Versamark, Pretty in Pink
ACCESSORIES: Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, Heart to Heart Punch, Brayer, Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder

I hope you enjoyed this card. I hope to show you my design for Mojo Monday tomorrow. What a happy day for me. I hope you have a happy day too!



3 comments:

  1. Gail,
    I am so proud of you!! I had a few minutes so decided to check your blog today - WOW that is so awesome having this beautiful card posted on the SU site. You go girl....
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! So wellbalanced and lovely colorcombo! It is so fun to visit your blog and see all the wonderful things you are making.

    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete