Monday, April 13, 2009

Game Night


Here I go again, talking about masculine cards. This topic has really been on my mind a lot. My customers are always commenting on the need for more masculine cards. So when I saw this stamp set in the new catalog, I bought it. The name of the set is "GAME NIGHT" It has a lot of pieces that represent different games such as chess, cards, dominoes, ect. As a matter of fact, this was one of my swaps for Leadership in January. I think when you try to make a masculine card that you need to be careful of the colors that you use. I chose Real Red, So Saffron, Basic Gray and Basic Black for this card because I felt it gave the card a more masculine feel. Besides, you find the red and black in decks of cards and the So Saffron gives it that little punch of color. As usual, I used a greeting that did not have a fancy font. For men I feel a simple and bold greeting works the best. I also using the color block layout like I did for the Under the Stars card. Although it is hard to see, I embossed the chess piece. It gave the card just a little more character. The supplies that I used for this card were:
STAMP SETS: Game Night, Upsy Daisy
CARDSTOCK: So Saffron, Real Red, Basic Gray, Basic Black, Whisper White
INK: So Saffron, Real Red, Basic Gray, Craft Basic Black
ACCESSORIES: Dimensionals, Clear Embossing Powder
This afternoon, my best friend is coming over and we plan to do a lot of stamping. She has off from work today so we are having a Girl's Afternoon of stamping. I plan to have more sneak peeks this week of the cards for my April technique classes, so be sure to look back again. Also, if interested in the classes please contact me. Enjoy the rest of the day, I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment