Thursday, April 23, 2009

Emerging Butterflies

This picture did not turn out as nice as the card is. The white oval is the reflection from the card since I used Glossy White Cardstock for this project. No matter how I turned the card or from what angle I took the picture. It still had a refection. The technique for this card is called "Emerging Color" You start with Glossy White cardstock and use different colors to stamp a design all over. I used three different colors...Baja Breeze, Pixie Pink, and Kiwi Kiss. I then stamped the butterflies with Versamark and then embossed using clear embossing powder. I then took a brayer and brayered Pacific Point ink all over the cardstock. Finally, I used a paper towel to rub all over the paper and wipe off the excess ink. It really creates a unique look. The yellowy looking cardstock is actually Kiwi Kiss. So you can understand why I am disappointed with this picture. The supplies that I used for this card are:

STAMP SETS: Garden Whimsy
CARDSTOCK: Pacific Point, Pixie Pink, Kiwi Kiss, Glossy White
INK: Kiwi Kiss, Pixie Pink, Baja Breeze, Versamark
ACCESSORIES: White 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Clear Embossing Powder, Brayer, Paper Towels, Adhesive

I did this card a few months back for a Technique Class that was about "BRAYERS". At that class, I demonstrated 3 different techniques that you can use brayers for. I enjoy teaching the technique classes because I think it gives people other options in making their cards. Enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment