Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring and Butterflies


Today it feels like Spring! The weather is beautiful. The sun is shining and the temperature is perfect. It seems as though everyone in the neighborhood is outside working, walking or just relaxing. The weather just made me feel so good and I started to think of all the wonderful things that you see in Spring. And butterflies came to mind. I looked in my files and pulled out this card that I thought was perfect for this time of year. This is not a complicated card at all but I adore the small realistic butterflies. I used the butterfly stamp from the stamp set "DREAMS DU JOUR" and stamped it three times with Black Stazon on Whisper White cardstock. Using blender pens I colored in each of the butterflies, one using Kiwi Kiss, the second one using Pink Pirouette, and the last using Baja Breeze. I think the colors are very bright and colors that would give you an upbeat feeling. The supplies I used for this card are:
STAMP SETS: Dreams Du Jour, Heard From the Heart
CARDSTOCK: Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black,Whisper White
INK: Black Stazon, Kiwi Kiss, Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze
ACCESSORIES: Blender Pens
I have sent this card to friends and family and they all remark on the colors being so inviting. If you want to add a little pizazz to the card, you can take Dazzling Diamonds and cover the butterflies with it. You should see how that adds sparkle to your card. I am going to go outside and do some work in the garden since it is so nice. Enjoy the rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment