Monday, April 6, 2009

Camping in the Rain

Well, it is raining here again. This certainly is a wet April so far. Hopefully the old saying, "April showers bring May flowers" is true. My Daffodils and Hyacinths are starting to bud and bloom. I guess in the end it is worth it. This little guy looks as if he is ready to go camping even if it is raining! This bear is in the stamp set "UNDER THE STARS" He is so cute. I stamped him on Close to Cocoa cardstock and his belly was stamped on Creamy Caramel cardstock using Basic Black. After I stamped the image onto the cardstock, I cut the pieces out and then glued the belly onto the bear. In each of the colored rectangles, I stamped co-ordinating camping pieces using the co-ordinated ink pad. In those colored blocks are stamped compasses, sleeping bags and mosquitoes. What camping trip would be complete if there were no mosquitoes. I stamped this using a color block layout(which I use quite frequently) but I really tried to use a color combination which was out of the box for me. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SETS: Under the Stars
CARDSTOCK: Pacific Point, Garden Green, Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel
INK: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Garden Green, Bashful Blue
ACCESSORIES: Adhesive, scissors

I have to go out and do some shopping for Easter. I was hoping the rain would stop but it doesn't look as though it is going to co-operate today. So enjoy your day today whatever weather you are having!

2 comments:

  1. Sunny and bright here in Padre Island, but I love your camping card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail, I have this set and you inspired me to get mine out.

    ReplyDelete