Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Carter's First Birthday Invite

Carter is the youngest of our three Grandsons. His first birthday is next month and his mother asked me if I could make the invitations for his first birthday party.  Of course I said yes!  I love making projects for my grandchildren.  This guy was a little more difficult to come up with a card for because he loves Mickey Mouse.  Fortunately, my daughter did not want the character on the card but rather the colors.  I had seen a number of cards/projects last year on various blogs, sites, and at convention last year and saved them in my files. Because the SU incentive trip had been to Disney World that year, there just happened to be more out there last year.  This is the one my daughter saw and asked me to make that one.  

The supplies that I used for this card were:

PAPER:  12 x 12 Basic Black, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
ACCESSORIES:  Sticky Strip, Dimensionals, Scorer/Cutter, 2-1/2" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Ribbon (non SU)

This was a total case and unfortunately I do not know who to give credit to.  I just found  a picture of  Mickey projects and then looked at the pic and guessed what materials and dimensions were used.  It was very easy to make.  It was exactly what she wanted.  The decorations will be in red, yellow and black.  She is also having a candy buffet which will ale have red, black, and yellow candy.  I think it will really be a very nice event.  

I have no babies today to watch and I plan to use that time to get ahead on preparing for my future events.  It is supposed to rain today, so it will be a perfect day to do that.  Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment