Friday, August 16, 2013

August Technique Class- Card #3

This is the last card that we made this month at my Technique Classes.  This card was one that I saw demonstrated at Regionals that were held in Baltimore this past Spring.  When I saw it, I thought it would be perfect for a teenage girl because it is so bright, colorful, and the font on the sentiment is kind of funky looking.  This card used the DIRECT to PAPER Technique.  That is a fancy name for taking a stamp pad and rub it across the paper.  All I did was use a Versamark pad, sprinkle Embossing Powder overtop, and then emboss.  

For this project I used:

STAMP SET:  Sassy Salutations
PAPER:  Melon Mambo, Pool Party, Basic Black
INK:  Versamark
ACCESSORIES:  White, Pool Party, Melon Mambo and Tangerine Tango Embossing Powder, Heating Tool

The swishes look like a paint brush brushed the colors onto the card stock.  This is a very quick and easy card to make.  It is also so far outside my comfort zone but was really fun to do.  We have all 3 kids today so it will be a very busy one.  It seems that no one has the same nap time which means all 3 eat at different times.  It makes for a very very crazy day.  Enjoy the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment