Thursday, August 15, 2013

August Technique Class- Card 2

This was the second card in this month's Technique Class.  This one seemed to be a winner with my customers.  The stamped image was made using the Hostess Set, SIMPLY SKETCHED.  I love this stamp set.  It is such a versatile set.

If you look very closely, you will see that the button I used is Pool Party.  You are probably wondering where I found that  button because there is not a button like that in our catalog.  I made it or rather changed the color of the embellishments.  That process was the technique that I demonstrated this month.  The way that I colored it was to
1.  Cover the button with Versamark
2.  Pour Colored Embossing Powder over the Versamark covered button
3.  Heat the embossing powder
and voila! You are now ready to use the colored button to embellish your card.  This is a great technique to match your embellishments to your cards.

 The supplies that were used for this card were:

STAMP SET:  Simply Sketched
PAPER:  Whisper White, Crisp Cantaloupe, Early Espresso, Baked Brown Sugar
INK:  Baked Brown Sugar, Pear Pizazz, Crisp Cataloupe, Baked Brown Sugar, Staz On, Versamark
ACCESSORIES:  Wood Grain Embossing Folder, Circle Framlits, Big Shot, Blender Pens, 2-1/2" Circle Pen,Very Vintage Designer Buttons, Pool Party Embossing Powder, Heating Tool, Linen Thread, Dimensionals

This past week has been a rough one and I have been unable to post as regularly.  I plan to do better next week.  Hopefully, kids, dog and  me will be more healthy.  I take the pooch back to the vet today to check her stitches.  There seems to be a problem with them and we hope that they can do something for her.  It seems that it is always something.  

Tomorrow I will post the last of the Technique Class cards.  Next week I will post the cards for the next Holiday Stamp A Stack scheduled for September.  There is a lot going on so please check back.  Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment