Thursday, August 8, 2013

August Technique Class- Card 1

This month's Technique Classes are based on "COLOR".  I am planning to demonstrate different techniques that will show you different ways the you can add color into your projects. The first card is the "Faux Paint Chip Technique".  I have seen a lot of people do this technique and I thought it would be a fun way to use a number of colors into a project.  Although this technique uses a number of different colored card stock, the colors are all in the same color family.  I thought it was fun to try to take various pieces of card stock and match them up so it looks like a pint chip from a paint store.  

My Technique Classes for the month of August will be held on Saturday August 10 @9 AM, Tuesday August 13 @ 9:15 AM and Wednesday August 14 @ 7 PM.  The cost is $10 for 3 cards/envelopes and 3 technique instruction cards on the 3 different techniques we used that night.  If you are interested, please contact me.

I am happy how this card turned out.  I am even happier that I created a masculine card without specifically thinking that I had to make a masculine card.  I put together the colors first and my first thought was to use the By the Tide stamp set.  For some reason this card just seemed to go together without too much tweaking.  

Today is another crazy day.  Lucy (my dog) is having surgery today.  It seems even when I have the day off from babysitting,  I still can not relax.  Oh well, I figure if there are no bumps in your life, it would be very boring.  Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment