Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Swap for a Swap

Susan and I held a joint meeting for our downlines on Saturday.  We scheduled it soon after convention because we wanted to share some of what we learned at convention.  Of course we decided one thing we decided we could not have a meeting without was a card swap.  I love it when we swap cards because I think it is great when everyone shares ideas with each other.

This is the swap I shared.  I received a swap from Karyn (no last name on the card)  at convention and loved it so much that I CASE'd it.  I did step it up a bit though.  This is a great 1 layer card.  It is simple and elegant.  This card is versatile that could be used for any occasion.  The supplies used for this card were:

STAMP SET: Simply Sketched 
PAPER:  Whisper White, Pistachio Pudding
INK:  Smokey Slate, Tangerine Tango, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Versamark
ACCESSORIES:  Black Embossing Powder, Heating Tool, Sponge Dauber, Sponge 

I cut out a rectangle from a piece of card stock.  I used that open area as a mask and sponged Crisp Cantaloupe and Pistachio Pudding.  I then stamped the leaf image from Simply Sketched in Smokey Slate.  I embossed the flower image and the sentiment with Black Embossing Powder.  I then colored the flower in with Tangerine Tango using the sponge dauber.  I think making the flower darker, it makes it pop!  I just love it!  

I hope my day is a bit calmer than yesterday.  A lot was going on.  I had to get Lucy to the vet and he scheduled surgery for Thursday because the lump near her eye did not get smaller with meds and now needs to be removed as soon as he could do it.  More happened but I will not bore you with that.  Just a crazy crazy day!  Today Carter started to cruise for the first time!  The good things in your life always seem to put your days back into balance.  Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment