Friday, July 12, 2013

Simply Pressed Clay Pin

I love this new product!  When I first saw it in the catalog, I was unsure.  I just could not imagine what I could do with it.  Well, once it was in my hands, the ideas started to flow.  I played around with it and came up with this pin.

It took a while to come up with it and I think that is because I tend to over think things.  In the end this pin was very simple and easy to make.  
1.  I started with making the clay flower.  
2.  To make it a bit glitzy, I covered the flower with an adhesive and then covered it with Dazzling Diamonds.  
3.  I then hot glued a Large Rhinestone Jewel to the center.
4.  Next adhered the flower and a Pistachio Pudding leaf (punched from the Bird Builder Punch) to a 1-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch out of Silver Glimmer Paper.  
5.  I added ruffled White Organza Ribbon to the back of the Scallop Circle using a hot glue gun.
6.  Finally I placed a card stock scallop circle on the back which I glued a pin back before I glued it onto the ribbon.
7.  And Voila!  You have a cute pin!

There is something special that I am using this pin for and it has to do with convention.  You will find out more about that in the next week or so.  I leave for convention on Sunday.  Since I am going by train, I will be reaching my destination on Tuesday evening.  Can not wait to start celebrating Stampin' Up's 25 year anniversary!  I will post pics of my swaps next week and hopefully some pictures from convention.  Last year I had so much trouble trying to get access to the internet so that I could post.  This year, the schedule they gave us looks so full that I may not be able to find the time.  But please stay tuned because I will do the best I can to post.

I am started my packing today and get all my stuff together.  There is so much to get ready.  Next post will be Monday.   Enjoy the day!

1 comment:

  1. This flower looks great dipped in Dazzling Diamonds! Your Christmas projects are fabulous by the way and I hope you have a wonderful time at convention and a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete